Sunday 30 September 2007

Goodbye Kate?

I have been thinking about this one quite a lot lately.

There's an entry a while back about my friend Kate. At the time of this entry, it's been six months since I called her. She hasn't contacted me at all. I have had reason to speak to her husband to put some work his way, but from what he didn't say, it seems my absence has been totally unnoticed.

How to feel about this?

Disappointed, as it appears I am disposable. 18 months ago I was witness at their wedding, and now I am nobody.

Angry, because I worked very hard to include her in my life and to help her work thorugh a very tough situation.

And maybe even a little bit vindicated. I suspected that, as she only ever called me when she wanted something/needed to bitch about husband & family/was being ground down by work, I was being used. Looks like I was right.

So here's the thing. Their baby is due in five weeks. I will no doubt be notified of the arrival, probably by a mutual friend or text message. Do I send a card and gift, or do I just maintain radio silence?

No comments: